Saturday, March 31, 2012

PICTURES OF MY LIFE!!!

These images, these paintings were the first contact with the knowledge of my whole generation ... Now these images are like memories etched in the soul of all  we had our first meeting with the learning ..., sweet and  favorite forms , softened the weariness of our childhood, forms in poor houses, in areas similar to those that we were growing up all of us who lived in refugee districts ... in Nea Ionia ... we loved our country and we love it .. our first teachers, the Lady Elefteria in the first grade, Mrs. Froso the second and third and Mr. Tsekouras in fourth, fifth and sixth grade, the first Primary School of Nea Ionia, at Crete St ... I do not know anymore if those teachers are still  alive, wherever they are alive or not all their pupils have a calm mind and in any case they are alive in our memories , some of us we are now parents and some grandparents ... Our lives are swept away by life  in the streets o the world,  and rejected  away from our place, but life CAN NOT conquer our thoughts and feelings ... These old books with their beautiful pictures gave us knowledge, love of learning and guide our lives. With the closure of the issuing of textbooks, the owl of knowledge will fly away  ... but its form will live forever in our hearts ...I still guarded, a book from the last grade of high school ( boys' high school of Nea Ionia), where there is a free interpretation of the original OEDB .. Boring when I m reading .... But I spent all my life in reading and studing , because my firm value and companion is always a book ..That all my notes, is one of my small deposits to my children, dedicated with love to my classmates in school- years wherever they are and especially to my hometown Nea Ionia - Athens, where we all grew up ....


GEORGE ATHANASIADIS

0 σχόλια:

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...